IFS full form, Ifs Recruitment process, the role of IFS, Salary of IFS, Eligibility of IFS officer all the details regarding the IFS services. IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS full form. You will find all the important details of IFS services. Before starting Do you what is IFS and what is the difference between IFS, IAS, and IPS?
You will get all your question answered. Keep reading to increase your power bank which is knowledge.
What Is IFS And What Is The IFS Full Form?
The full Form is The Indian Foreign Service, IFS full form in Hindi आईएफएस का फुल फॉर्म IFS ka Full Form इंडियन फॉरेन सर्विस हैI
The Indian Foreign Services is the diplomatic and administrative division of Group A and Group B. At the international level, its member represents the country.
The IPS, IAS, and IFS come under the civil service of India. It is among the three All India Services IAS, IPS, and IFS.
IFS members represent our country at an international level. It deals with external affairs like trade and cultural relations.
IFS also plays an important part in framing the Government’s foreign policies. After retiring from IAS, IFS is a very popular job taken.
Every year 17- 18 vacancies introduce by UPSC in IFS. The competition for jobs is very tough and also this is one of the smallest cadres in the country.
Eligibility Of IFS Officer
The nationality of a candidate must be either of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal
- Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, for permanent settlement in India.
- Migrants from any of the following countries permanently settling in India: Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Education required is must have a degree from recognized Universities or must have equivalent qualifications.
The maximum age is 30 and the minimum age is 21 as of 1st August of the examination year.
Role of IFS officer
IFS officer is responsible for foreign affairs of the country. Here is the list of the role of the IFS officers.
- It deals with the external affairs of India and also includes diplomacy, cultural relations, and trade.
- IFS officers represent India in its Embassies, High Commissions, and Consulates in Foreign countries and Permanent Missions to Multilateral Organizations like the UN.
- Promoting friendly relations with all the stakeholders including NRI or PIOs in the country of their posting.
- It is the duty of the IFS officers to safeguard India’s concerns and affairs in the country.
- Negotiate on various matters of the country with the concerned authorities.
- Provide help and support access to Indians who are living abroad and Foreign nationals.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) is fully responsible for all matters regarding to India’s foreign relations.
- It is the responsibility of IFS officers who are posted abroad to Inform about the developments in the foreign country that might affect India’s national interest.
- To represent India on international forums and platforms and in the countries they are appointed, An IFS officer is thus a very important thread for India who plays a vital role in making Indian foreign policy and building all diplomatic and economic ties with other countries
- To create, co-create & maintain economic cooperation between India & other foreign countries
- To constantly keep updating the Indian MEA(Ministry of External Affairs) office about the foreign position.
- IFS officer is responsible for managing Indian missions abroad & also framing the Government’s foreign policies.
Salary Of IFS Officers
|Junior Time Scale||Under Secretary||8000||5400|
|Senior Time Scale||10650||6600|
|Junior Administrative Scale||Deputy Secretary||12750||7600|
|Senior Administrative Scale||Joint Secretary||18400||10000|
|Selection Grade IV||Counselor Director||15100||8700|
|High Commissioner/Ambassador||Foreign Secretary||26000 (Fixed)||–|
The overall salary of the IFS officer is In INR 60000, it includes all the incentives and perks. The amount depends upon the country they are posted.